Epstein Survivor Celebrates Former Prince Andrew’s Arrest: ‘Everyone’s Taking Action and We Are Doing Nothing in the United States’
Marina Lacerda, a survivor of the late serial sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, celebrated the news of former Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest in the United Kingdom on Thursday, declaring, “Everyone’s taking action and we are doing nothing in the United States.”
“It’s amazing and it’s really, really something that all the survivors have been looking forward and working towards,” Lacerda told CNN after Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested as part of an investigation into “misconduct in office,” related to his former relationship with Epstein.
She continued, “And I have to say, Virginia [Giuffre]’s brother and sister must be thrilled right now. You know, I just look at it– it’s insane how everyone’s taking action and we are doing nothing in the United States. I’m right here in Norway right now, we have Princess Mette answering to questions, and it’s just really sad that the United States is not taking any action.”
Lacerda concluded, “But I’m very, very happy that, you know, we have again, you know, we’re making history here. So this is big.”
While Lacerda has not made any accusations of sexual misconduct against the British royal – and Mountbatten-Windsor was not arrested on suspicion of any crimes of a sexual nature – the late Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre accused Epstein of trafficking her to the then-prince when she was a minor.
Mountbatten-Windsor – who was stripped of his title as prince last year – denied the allegations despite paying Giuffre an undisclosed amount of money as part of a settlement. Giuffre took her own life in April last year.
The former prince was arrested on Thursday after emails appeared to show that he forwarded sensitive U.K. trade reports to Epstein while serving as his country’s special representative for trade and investment from 2001 until 2011.
In a statement following his brother’s arrest, King Charles III wrote, “I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities.”
“In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course,” he continued. “As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”
Watch above via CNN.
New: The Mediaite One-Sheet "Newsletter of Newsletters"
Your daily summary and analysis of what the many, many media newsletters are saying and reporting. Subscribe now!
Comments
↓ Scroll down for comments ↓